What we collectWe may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Billing information including credit card data to pay for services
What we do with the information we gatherWe require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
SecurityWe are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websitesOur website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal informationYou may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing our support team.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 380 West 12300 South Draper, UT 84020 United States. Please direct all questions, comments, concerns, and reviews to our support team. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collectThe table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE Name||COOKIE Description|
|XSRF-TOKEN||For protection againt cross site scripting|
|laravel_session||Stores user session token for authenticated users|
iPhone & Android AppsOur mobile applications are used for initiating chats, manage appointments, and search for new service providers.
CameraThe Application asks for permission to use your device’s camera. The camera will be used exclusively for initiating video chats between a user and service provider.
Automatically Collected InformationThe Application may collect certain information automatically, including the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?Yes. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- With our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- If Developer Company Name is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
What are my opt-out rights?You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out via email.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your InformationWe will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
ChildrenWe do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
SecurityWe are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
Hipaa PrivacyThis notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Chataroma is required by law to maintain the privacy or certain confidential health care information, known as Protected Health Information or, PHI, and to provide you with a notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your PHI. Chataroma is also required to abide by the terms of the version of this currently in effect.
Use and Disclosures of PHI: Chataroma may use PHI for the purposes of treatment, payment and health care operations, in most cases without your written permission. Examples of our use of your PHI:
For treatment; this includes such things as obtaining verbal and written information about your medical condition and treatment from you as well as from others, such as doctors and nurses who give orders to allow us to provide treatment to you. We may give your PHI to other health care providers involved in your treatment, and may transfer your PHI to the hospital or dispatch center.
For payment; this includes any activities we must undertake in order to get reimbursed for the services we provide to you, including such things as submitting bills to insurance companies, making medical necessity determinations and collecting outstanding accounts.
For health care operations; this includes quality assurance activities, licensing, and training programs to ensure that our personnel meet our standards of care and follow established policies, as well as certain other management functions.
Use and Disclosure of PHI Without Your Authorization. Chataroma permitted to use PHI without your written authorization, or opportunity to object, as required by law, or in certain situations, unless prohibited by a more stringent state law, including:
- For the treatment, payment or health care operations activities of another health care provider who treats you;
- For health care and legal compliance activities;
- To a family member, other relative, or close personal friend or other individual involved in your care if we obtain your verbal agreement to do so or if we give you an opportunity to object too such a disclosure and you do not raise an objection, and in certain other circumstances where we are unable to obtain your agreement and believe the disclosure is in your best interests;
- To a public health authority in certain situations as required by law, such as to report abuse, neglect or domestic violence; For health oversight activities including audits or government investigations, inspections, disciplinary proceedings, and other administrative or judicial actions undertaken by the government (or their contractors) by law to oversee the health care system;
- For judicial and administrative proceedings as required by a court or administrative order, or in some cases in response to a subpoena or other legal process;
- For law enforcement activities in limited situations such as when responding to a warrant;
- For military, national defense and security and security and other special government functions;
- To avert a serious threat to the health to the health and safety of a person or the public at large;
- For workers’ compensation purposes, and in compliance with workers’ compensation laws;
- To coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors for identifying a deceased person, determining cause of death, or carrying on their duties as authorized by law;
- If you are an organ donor, we may release health information to organizations that handle organ procurement or organ, eye or tissue transplantation or to an organ donation bank, as necessary to facilitate organ donation and transplantation;
- For research projects, but this will be subject to strict oversight and approvals; We may also use or disclose health information about you in a way that does not personally identify you or reveal who you are.
Patient Rights: As a patient, you have a number of rights with respect to your PHI, including:
The rights to access, copy or inspect your PHI: This means you may inspect and copy most of the medical information about you that we maintain. We will normally provide you with access to this information, within 30 days of your request. We may also charge you a reasonable fee for you to copy any medical information, and you may appeal certain types of denials. We have available forms to request access to your PHI and we will provide a written response if we deny you access and let you know your appeal rights. You also have to right to receive confidential communication of your PHI. If you wish to inspect and copy your medical information, you should contact our privacy officer.
The right to amend you PHI: You have the right to ask us to amend written medical information that we may have about you. We will generally amend your information within 60 days of your request and will notify you when we have amended the information. We are permitted by law to deny you request to amend your medical information only in certain circumstances, like when we believe the record you have asked us to amend is complete and accurate. If you wish to request that we amend the medical information that we have about you, you should contact our privacy officer. The right to request an accounting: You may request an accounting from us of certain disclosures of your medical information that we have made in the six years prior to the date of your request. We are not required to give you an accounting of information we have used or disclosed for purposes of treatment, payment or health care operations, or when we share your health information with our business associates, like our billing company or a medical facility from/to which we have transported you. We are also not required to give you an accounting of our uses of protected health information for which you have already given us written authorization. If you wish to request an accounting, contact our privacy officer.
The right to request that we restrict the uses and disclosures of your PHI: You have the right to request that we restrict how we use and disclose your medical information that we have about you. Chataroma is not required to agree to any restrictions you request, but any restrictions agreed to Chataroma in writing are binding on Chataroma. Internet, Electronic mail, and the Right to Obtain Copy if Paper Notice on Request. If we maintain a web site, we will prominently post a copy of this Notice on your web site. If you allow us, we may forward you this Notice by electronic mail instead of on paper and you may always request a paper copy of the Notice.
Revisions to the Notice: Chataroma reserves the right to change the terms of this Notice at any time, and the changes will be effective immediately and will apply to all protected health information that we maintain. Any material changes to the notice will be promptly posted in our facilities and to our web site, if we maintain one. You can get a copy of the latest version of this Notice by contacting our privacy officer.
Your Legal Rights and Complaints: You also have the right to complain to us, or to the Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, if you believe your privacy rights have been violated. You will not be retaliated against in any way for filling a complaint with us or to the government. Should you have any Questions, comments or complaints you may direct all inquiries to our privacy officer